Monday, April 21, 2008

Palms "R" Us




Lots to update! This weekend was another busy one with no time to relax. Yesterday, we went to Lowes near Dave's shop and we found the best fruit trees and palm trees. Of course, Dave picked out the tallest palm they had and we loaded it into the truck. It only stuck out about 8 foot and only weighed probably 200 pounds! I also bought a Ruby Red grapefruit tree and an orange tree so my dad will have fruit to pick & eat when he comes down. So, we got home and my brother, Alex came down with the tractor to help unload the palm and put it into the world's largest hole ever dug by hand. Here it is!
I figured while I am posting pictures, I would put up one of our bedroom and the quilt that my mom made me. She's also making me table toppers for the wedding out of this same fabric! I LOVE this fabric.
It's funny - in all of our pictures, it's like a Where's Waldo? puzzle-- except in our pictures you have to find the dog. The above picture features Worm. Speaking of pets....Anyone want a kitten? Someone dumped off a pregnant cat a few weeks ago and my mom and I have been feeding her. She's a great barn cat, and I realized she had kittens somewhere. We looked and looked and my mom finally found them this weekend in the upper part of the barn. They are so adorable, as kittens always are - and I think every person that reads this should take one -- Dad, Rhonda?? I'll personally fly it to its new home!! There are five of them:

There's two balck ones that look like twins, a tan puffy one, a calico puffy one and a grey and white one. The last one is the runt and they are all cute.


Tonight we decided to do something we haven't done in a long time, NOTHING!! We are going to go to Blockbuster and rent a movie and just relax! We need it so much. Next weekend, we are going to pressure wash the house and start to repair the cracks in the concrete blocks. Then, the weekend after that, we are going to start painting the house. Inside, I have the bedroom finished and am now starting on the bathroom. Upstairs, I am not really into the colors that I painted the spare bedroom that used to be Mike's room. It is a yellow color with black stripes. I am thinking about painting it something different, I just don't know what. Maybe the same colors as the bedroom??


Lastly, finals for me are this week. I am already registered for the next semester -- 3 classes! Wish me luck and say a prayer that it goes well as I'll be studying more along with finishing up our wedding!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally attest to Bobbi's promise to fly the kitten of your choice to you! I am in possession of a formerly feral kitten that we (the cousins) force-loved into a domestic, addicted to love, slightly neurotic, definitely needy cat. :)
And... no, Bobbi... I don't want another kitten!
Love, Tami