Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And then...Some Rest

So...we have been busier the past couple of weeks than I think we've been for a while. Two weeks ago this coming Saturday, my little sister, Kelly was married. It was such a cool wedding at a beautiful plantation in Albany, Georgia - The Wynfield Plantation. It rained, but was such a great day. At the end of the reception, the bridesmaids and Kelly all jumped into a natural spring in the rain and in our dresses...Those pictures should be pretty cool. Here's a pic of me and my brothers trying to hoist Kelly up in her dress for a cool shot - Thank you Joe for the picture!!We survived the wedding and the drive and the day after that, Sunday, we drove down to a turnpike Rest Area about an hour and a half from our house and we delivered the RC51. This is Dave's oldest bike that we sold on Ebay. I was glad he was able to sell it!
Last weekend we spent all day Sunday (after our breakfast ritual), going to nurseries and looking for our newest love -- Palm Trees! We ended up at Home Depot , after finding out that most nurseries are closed on Sundays, and we bought 6 palms. Two each of three different kinds. I also ended up buying a bottle brush tree. We came home and proceeded to dig holes deeper than us and we got all of the trees planted and then Dave mulched around all the trees with a red cedar mulch. We are going to start painting the outside of the house in a week and a half - Dark Blue with a nice red door - so the mulch will fit right in. Our next outdoor project will be making a flower bed in the front and then pulling out the bushes in to the right of our door and making a true flower bed there. Now it is just a Gemini Digging Hole.
We have pretty much decided that Florida is where we really want to be. We have discussed moving to Tennessee but we love this state. We love the weather, the beach, the palm trees -- all of it. So, now that we know this, we are going to start doing some pretty cool improvements to the house. I will post pictures along the way as we get them done.
Monday night we went to the gun range as we usually do. 300 rounds! That's how many rounds I fired!! That is a lot of ammo!! Dave makes fun of me because I go through so much more ammo than him - but that's okay...I tell him at least I hit the targets:) (Just kidding, he hits the targets very well, actually!!).
Other random happenings?? We are working more outside Sunday and on our fence around the property so we can bring MR. Moo over to the house. I already have one guy from around here that wants to "rent" him to breed his females. He has turned out to be a HUGE beautiful bull and it will be cool if I can make some extra money off of him. He does have an amazing lineage too, so that will help.
Whew! I think that's all for now!


No comments: