Monday, October 22, 2007

We're ENGAGED!!!

Well, as Penny's husband would say....Dave's made an honest woman of me! You know, we both have been through the ringer when it comes to love lives and dating. It is so reassuring to finally find someone that treats the other like they should be treated. We both have such a great respect for each other - as a person and a partner. We rely on each other and take good care of each other. We both have found our other half.

So, it went like this:

We usually don't go out to eat on Saturday nights. This night, it sounded like Dave needed to get out o f the house and eat a good meal. We are both adventurous when it comes to food, so we decided to eat at this new Pizza place that we discovered a couple of weeks ago. The place, Pasta Vino, is a small place with maybe 10 tables..max. It's in downtown Clermont and the downtown area itself is beautiful....it is the typical small town downtown with some very cool eateries and several street front businesses. I digress...so we go and eat at the pizza place and then Dave realzied that there is a huge lake just a couple of blocks away. He asked me if I wanted to take a walk around the lake - nothing unusual for us. So we found a very cool pier over the lake and we just sat out on the pier talking. After about 15 minutes, he turned me around and (I am still oblivious at this point) got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course, we joke the part that will most stand out in this story is that I said "Are you kidding me?"...I said "OF Course!" and he had to remind me that we needed to put the ring on my finger. It fit perfectly...Everything fell in to place for our proposal. We got in the car and called family and then before we got home, we stopped by so I could show my mom the ring...she cried. I expected that!

So now, a couple of days later - it is still settling in and I am ready to start planning. I am so excited about this process and true to our form - I hope to use my event planning skills to plan a wedding that is relaxing and enjoyable for our family, friends and most importantly - ourselves.

Everyone who is reading this hopefully will find the blog fun and a way of you all that live far away (and nearby) to keep up with our adventures and fun! So enjoy reading!! And here's to us!


Here's a picture of the ring:

No comments: